March 21, 2008

Addendum (or "Troup 54")


December 19, 2007

I am still at the airport. In the time since I sent my last email (which half of you may just now be
getting anyway) I have sat in the same "comfort chair" for 7 hours and now I am ready to move on. It has
been a long night in which the only action to speak of was when I decided that my chair could and should be
more comfortable, leading me to contort myself into an ungodly position, further leading me to throw out my
back. My body thinks I'm 60 although I assure it I'm 28.

I had some vague notion that spending the night in the airport could be fun - a sleepover of sorts, like when
your Girl Scout troup spends the night at the Museum of Science. But it was not like that, not at all.
Nobody brought me snacks, nobody sang to me, nobody packed me a sleeping bag. And also, I'm not a Girl
Scout.*

Liz
*to be honest, I never was a Girl Scout. I only made it as far as Brownies before dropping out. It was my
Brownie troup, Troup 54, that spent the night in the Museum of Science. I remember it was Troup 54 because
we would all sing "Troup 54 where AAAARE you?!" (like the Car 54 TV theme song). Ahh, a simpler time...

No comments: